Saturday, May 8, 2010

An End and a Beginning

Yesterday, Friday May 7, I walked across a stage to receive my diploma. My parents, sisters, niece and one of my aunts watched and cheered as I proudly shook the university president's hand.

Yup. I'm officially a college graduate.

I have been classified as a student for the last 18 years. I've learned so much, and now I get to put it to use. It's time to go out there, out to the world. Scary, exciting, exhilarating - so many things at once.

First, I go to Kiana.

We're now at 17 days, only 2 1/2 weeks. Do you realize how short that is? It's not a simple two weeks, either. Kate (my missions partner) and I are scrabbling to get the VBS supplies ready. I've already sent my list to Brookwood and other churches in the area, but I have no guarantee we'll get what we need.

I have most of my clothes and gear, but I keep wondering if I'm really ready. Do I have everything I need? What if there's something I miss?

Then, I shrug my shoulders and say "Oh well." If I forget something, I'll deal. No use crying over spilled milk and all that, especially if you haven't spilled it yet.

Truthfully, what I'm really enjoying is thinking about the ministries I'll get to be apart of. I have so much to learn from the people in Kiana. I hope there will be an exchange of knowledge between myself and the others.

I'll be leaving before I know it, and then I'll have some real content to post.

Please pray for me as I prepare, and pray for me while I am in Kiana. This will be an amazing journey. May God's will be done as we prepare ourselves, and the materials, for this experience, and while we serve in Kiana.

in His service,
Sarah

1 comment: